LINCOLN is an EU Horizon 2020 research project of 36 month duration (1st October 2016 – 30th September 2019) using innovative design methodologies and tools for the development of three types of completely new vessels concepts through dynamic simulation model testing in the maritime sector.
In developing the three new vessels (a Multi-platform Catamaran, a Module Based High Speed Patrol Boat Platform, an Emergency Response and Recovery Vessels series for Coastal Rescue activities), LINCOLN will use:
- a lean fact based design model approach, which combines real operative data at sea with lean methodology, to support the development and implementation of the vessel concepts;
- IT customized tools to enable the acquisition and usage of field data, coming from an IoT platform;
- High Performance Computing Simulation.
The consortium is led by Politecnico di Milano and involves 16 partners:
- Centro Tecnológico Naval y del Mar– SPAIN
- HUBSTRACT SRL – ITALY
- TECHNOPRO – SPAIN
- BIBA – GERMANY
- HOLONIX – ITALY
- SINTEF – NORWAY
- CINECA – ITALY
- Hydrolift (HYD) – NORWAY
- Super Toys Ltd (SUP) – GREECE
- INVENTAS – NORWAY
- TOI – ITALY
- CTI – GREECE
- Balance (BAL) – GERMANY
- Aresa – SPAIN
- CETRI Ltd. – CYPRUS
On 12th and 13th October, LINCOLN partners met in Milan for the project kick-off meeting. In the next days the members of LINCOLN ADVISORY BOARD (composed of external representatives from business and industry) will be nominated by the project partners.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 727982